SPEED at Vega combines both the theory and practice of Physical Education curricula from around the world and implements new developments taking place in Physical Education in the 21st century. The application and practice of physical education continue to change for the betterment of children.
Vega wholeheartedly believes in the importance of skill development. Skills are the foundational element for proper motor development and functional ability within all sports. Enhancing Learners’ skills allows the opportunity to undertake more challenging physical activities and relieve the stress put on the body from all the forces.
Areas of Focus
- Develop competence to participate in a wide range of physical activities
- Promote physical activity for sustained periods of time
- Engage in competitive sports and activities
- Promote healthy life choices
- We focus on growing skill development, to a full scale game through a multi-stage approach. Children are asked to describe what they did, how they did it, and did they enjoy it every step of the process.
Vega has both outdoor and indoor sports facilities. Outside there are several play and sport areas and inside there is a 4,100 square foot multi-purpose hall with another floor for gymnastics. An additional advantage of Vega’s indoor sports space is the school’s ability to purify the air when the outside air has high levels of 2.5PM pollution.