Difference between conventional and progressive teaching methods 26 Apr 2022 Sandy Hooda, Co-Founder, Vega Schools
Traditional teaching methods came about as a result of the first industrial revolution. As the need grew for more and more factory workers who required basic skills a model needed to be created to achieve this in the most efficient way, the result, a factory model of education that matched the needs of a factory workforce.
Placing large numbers of students in a classroom where one teacher imparts information in a lecture format that then the students give back to the teachers a week or two later in the form of a test. All students get the same information in the same format and are taught basic skills that serve the traditional workplace very well. This model of teaching continues to be the primary mode of instruction around the world because it is easy to implement and easy to administer and evaluate from preschool to nursery school to kindergarten to primary school and all the way through grade twelve. But this teaching methodology is outdated and does not meet the needs of the world today.
Progressive teaching is not a new concept, the reality is this is how humans learn and how they have always learned. It requires a teaching and instructional approach that is both personalized and individualized to meet each student's unique talents. It places emphasis on critical thinking, problem-solving and critical analysis. It is not a “one size fits all approach”. The reason that this teaching method is not more pervasive is that it requires significant training for the teachers and a totally different approach to instruction and evaluation.
Some of the best schools in Gurgaon have adopted progressive teaching because it works and it is the best way to prepare students for the ever changing world we live in. The top 10 schools in Gurgaon are beginning to weave in new teaching methods in everyday teaching. To deliver high quality Progressive teaching requires exceptional teachers who are specially trained by experts.
Parents must dig deep while admitting their children in a school and validate if schools are indeed delivering high quality progressive learning. The children of a new world will surely prosper with the next level of learning.
For more information on the above subject, write to us at email@example.com.
- Ways To Keep My Child Occupied During Vacation May 26,2022 Sandy Hooda, Co-founder of Vega Schools
- Activities to Keep Kids Sharp and Happy during School Holidays May 25,2022 Team Vega
- How to have fun dinner conversations with your kids May 25,2022 Sandy Hooda, Co-Founder, Vega Schools
- Top Skills That Should Be Taught In Schools May 23,2022 Daniel Curry, Director & Principal, Vega Schools
- How less pressure leads to more learning May 20,2022 Sandy Hooda, Co-Founder, Vega Schools
- What kind of emotional counselling do you provide as my child has personality development issues or (any) behavioural issues? May 13,2022 Daniel Curry, Director & Principal, Vega Schools
- My child is very intelligent and creative, how do you make sure he/she is challenged enough in the classroom? May 10,2022 Daniel Curry, Director & Principal, Vega Schools
- Fun things my child can do during the summer break May 07,2022 Jayshree Guha Thakurta, Vice- Principal, Vega Schools