CONFESSION TIME DURING LOCKDOWN 04 May 2020
Parenting is tough under any circumstances, but feeding, cleaning, teaching, doing office work, protecting and entertaining children while stuck at home in the midst of a pandemic takes it to a whole new level. Needless to say, a lot of parents are hitting their limits in the age of COVID-19.
Schools are closed, we are working from home, and we can?t have our children stay over at their grandparents' place. This situation means that parents are spending more time than ever before with their adorable munchkins and they are experiencing the struggles and joys of parenting 24*7. Now, they're getting into all kinds of trouble and driving their parent?s bananas!
Let?s have a much needed chuckle about how crazy life is these days, let?s laugh our way through it. These are some honest, hilarious yet true confessions which we all will resonate with.
The Pj family: Never knew those pyjamas will be the most sought after fashion these days as parents are finding themselves in pjs 24 hours. Yes , we do change it: we change from day pyjamas to night pyjamas. So exciting! Isn?t it?
Our kitchens are open: 24*7- Suddenly our children are hogging food as if they are into some contest trying to win a grand prize! And it?s not even the daily food which they usually eat but gourmet dishes they just saw on some YouTube videos. Some of us are definitely turning into professional chefs after the lockdown is lifted. Can we reconsider a shift in career?
Is it Monday already? Few of us accepted that we have not only lost track of time but days too. Sometimes it?s our children who remind us that it?s a weekday, we are yet to finish the assignments.
Let?s skip dusting today: Our initial days of lockdown started with excitedly ?deep cleaning? our house, organising the cabinet and decluttering, but when the work from home pressure started piling up which has webinars, video calls, audio con calls, and our children don?t get enough attention,we started loosening the grip on household work. The top shelf of the cabinet was dusted 2 weeks ago! Agree or not!
Did we already have lunch? - Lunch at 2 pm, a packet of chips at 2:15 pm, and at the stroke of 3 we are suddenly hungry! Back to pyjamas, some of them are not fitting us anymore.
- Questions to ask when doing a reference check for a Daycare. Oct 03,2022 Richa Sharma, Vega Schools
- What is the Ideal Class Size in a Primary School? Sep 29,2022 Daniel Curry, Director & Principal, Vega Schools
- Kids who understand the code are at the highest level of literacy in the 21st century Sep 20,2022 Neetu Dhiman , Vega Schools
- Methods of teaching in Primary School Sep 19,2022 Dr. Sweta Kumari, Vega Schools
- Why Gender Equality is important from a young Age Sep 19,2022 Daniel Curry, Director & Principal, Vega Schools
- The best sports activities for a school campus Sep 19,2022 Malvika Saxena , Vega Schools
- Benefits of continuous flow writing for Children Sep 17,2022 By Daniel Curry, Director & Principal, Vega Schools
- Tips to make your child more organised Sep 08,2022 Dr. Steven Warren Edwards, Co-Founder, Vega Schools