Importance of Structure in a Child's Life 05 May 2020
We are living in challenging times; the global pandemic has had a significant impact on all of us and on all aspects of life. Day-to-day routines that we once took for granted have now been disrupted and we have had to adapt to a ?new normal?. This change came very suddenly, creating a shift that happened overnight. As challenging as this is for adults, consider the impact this is having on our children. We all have routines and patterns that we follow most days, and when those routines are disrupted we have to make adjustments. As adults, most of us can do this with minimal stress because we have had prior experience with disruptions to our routines. For children, however, this is not the case.
The Importance of Routines
For children, a routine gives them a way to order and organize their lives (Education.com, 2013). Children like to know ?what is coming next;? it lets them know what the immediate future looks like and helps reduce stress and anxiety.
- Questions to ask when doing a reference check for a Daycare. Oct 03,2022 Richa Sharma, Vega Schools
- What is the Ideal Class Size in a Primary School? Sep 29,2022 Daniel Curry, Director & Principal, Vega Schools
- Kids who understand the code are at the highest level of literacy in the 21st century Sep 20,2022 Neetu Dhiman , Vega Schools
- Methods of teaching in Primary School Sep 19,2022 Dr. Sweta Kumari, Vega Schools
- Why Gender Equality is important from a young Age Sep 19,2022 Daniel Curry, Director & Principal, Vega Schools
- The best sports activities for a school campus Sep 19,2022 Malvika Saxena , Vega Schools
- Benefits of continuous flow writing for Children Sep 17,2022 By Daniel Curry, Director & Principal, Vega Schools
- Tips to make your child more organised Sep 08,2022 Dr. Steven Warren Edwards, Co-Founder, Vega Schools