Tips & Tricks for Working Parents to Handle Nursery School Admissions 24 Dec 2021 Vega Schools
Every parent dreams of sending their children to one of the best schools in their city. They want their children to start their academic journey on the right notes and go to the most reputed nursery schools in their locality. However, the nursery school admission process is quite stringent and requires a significant amount of time and effort, which can be difficult for working parents.
This is why, we’ve put together a list of some tips and tricks to help you handle nursery school admissions and make sure your child is able to get a seat in the school of their choice.
1. Keep Track of the Important Dates
The process of nursery school admissions requires you to keep a track of many important dates and make sure that everything is done before the due dates. This is why you need to be aware of what needs to be done when. Maintaining a calendar and marking out these important dates can come in handy. You can also set reminders on your phone to make sure you never miss out on deadlines.
2. Schedule Appointments with the School
As a working parent, it can get difficult to take out time for other appointments. This is why, it’s better to schedule school visits in advance so that you can manage your schedule accordingly. School visits are important because they school help you gain insights into the school's teaching methodology and understand how to prepare your child to be able to adjust to the school.
Interacting with the head of admissions is important because it helps you gain insights into some other admission formalities. This would help you be on track and provide you with the necessary help in understanding some crucial steps of the admission process.
At the same time, getting in touch with the head of school is also crucial as plays a vital role in the entire admission process and helps you clear any doubts you might have about the school's teaching process, values, or anything else. Interacting with the head of the school would also assure you that your child is in safe hands and help validate your decision.
If you schedule a visit well in advance you will be able to get an appointment with the head of admissions and the head of school all in one day, helping you avoid revisit to the school. Taking your child along for this school visit is also a great idea as it lets them get familiarized with the campus and helps them adjust better in the future.
3. Keep the Documents Handy
Keeping the documents handy can help save you from unnecessary hassles at the time of the nursery school admissions. Being prepared will let you stay on top of things and ensure a smooth and hassle-free process.
Here's a list of all the documents you need at the time of admissions.
- Child's birth certificate
- Vaccination details
- Residence proof
- Passport-sized photos of child and guardians
- Filled admission form
- Aadhar card of child and guardians
So, these were a few tips and tricks to keep in mind while managing your child’s nursery admissions. As a working parent, you need to make sure to balance your child’s requirements with your professional life. And since nursery school admissions are one of the most crucial steps of your child’s academic journey, they need to be given the due importance and time. Following these tips and tricks will help you strike the right balance and manage your child’s nursery school admissions with ease.
- Questions to ask when doing a reference check for a Daycare. Oct 03,2022 Richa Sharma, Vega Schools
- What is the Ideal Class Size in a Primary School? Sep 29,2022 Daniel Curry, Director & Principal, Vega Schools
- Kids who understand the code are at the highest level of literacy in the 21st century Sep 20,2022 Neetu Dhiman , Vega Schools
- Methods of teaching in Primary School Sep 19,2022 Dr. Sweta Kumari, Vega Schools
- Why Gender Equality is important from a young Age Sep 19,2022 Daniel Curry, Director & Principal, Vega Schools
- The best sports activities for a school campus Sep 19,2022 Malvika Saxena , Vega Schools
- Benefits of continuous flow writing for Children Sep 17,2022 By Daniel Curry, Director & Principal, Vega Schools
- Tips to make your child more organised Sep 08,2022 Dr. Steven Warren Edwards, Co-Founder, Vega Schools