The Lost Trait of Empathy: The role of Empathy in shaping Future Leaders 14 Jan 2020
Empathy is the ability to put one?s self in the shoes of another. Most of the problems in the world are caused when people do not care for each other, and cannot see the other?s point of view. The inability to see things from others? perspectives creates unending cause and effect cycles of negativity and resentment and often leads to rivalries and wars.
Compassion and kindness are close cousins of empathy. Together these are the most important human values that create unity and preserve positivity. Since the beginning of time, great leaders, spiritual masters, and philosophers alike have underscored the importance of imbibing these values in children.
Empathy also helps an individual emerge as a responsible and helpful community member and leader.
Young children who are empathetic make friends easily and are less likely to resort to bullying and other unhealthy behaviors. Empathy leads to stronger friendships and relationships and is an essential ingredient for real collaboration. Empathy helps learners to work well with others, leads to increased morale and motivation, making learners far more productive and happy.
- Questions to ask when doing a reference check for a Daycare. Oct 03,2022 Richa Sharma, Vega Schools
- What is the Ideal Class Size in a Primary School? Sep 29,2022 Daniel Curry, Director & Principal, Vega Schools
- Kids who understand the code are at the highest level of literacy in the 21st century Sep 20,2022 Neetu Dhiman , Vega Schools
- Methods of teaching in Primary School Sep 19,2022 Dr. Sweta Kumari, Vega Schools
- Why Gender Equality is important from a young Age Sep 19,2022 Daniel Curry, Director & Principal, Vega Schools
- The best sports activities for a school campus Sep 19,2022 Malvika Saxena , Vega Schools
- Benefits of continuous flow writing for Children Sep 17,2022 By Daniel Curry, Director & Principal, Vega Schools
- Tips to make your child more organised Sep 08,2022 Dr. Steven Warren Edwards, Co-Founder, Vega Schools