Top 10 Skills That Children Will Need To Thrive At The Workplace Of The Future 19 Feb 2020
As educators and parents, we are striving to prepare our children for the ?real world?. A world that exists beyond the comfort of our homes and the walls of the classrooms. While we are ensuring children learn how to read, write, memorize, count and calculate we are overlooking a large blind spot. In the not so distant future, almost 50% of the jobs of the world will vanish and many of the remaining jobs will evolve. The residual jobs shall require a very different range of skills. Therefore we need to urgently ensure our children develop these (less tangible but vital) skills.
Bridging the Gap between Academics and Job-readiness for the Workplaces of the Future
India is experiencing the highest unemployment rates in 45 years. India?s private sector is struggling to find entry-level talent. Recruiters and HR managers agree the main reason for the struggle we are witnessing today is the wide gap between theoretical knowledge and skills required for job readiness. True that India?s literacy levels have indeed increased over the last few years however more and more graduates are graduating with professional degrees and certificates without the right skills needed for the workplace.
Recently, in a shocking revelation, Tech Mahindra Chief Executive officer and Managing director C P Gurnani has said around 94 percent of IT Graduates are not eligible for jobs in big Indian IT companies. Annual Employability Survey 2019 by Aspiring Minds has revealed that 80% of Indian engineers are not fit for any job in the knowledge economy.
The situation is expected to worsen in the near future because educational institutions are not evolving with the needs of the times. We cannot predict with any level of accuracy as to what will lie ahead for our children. Employers, experts, and futurists are unable to predict what the specific needs of jobs of the future shall be. Fortunately, we can predict, with a reasonable degree of accuracy, the attitude, mindset, and skill-set that will make our children successful in a rapidly changing world.
These are the ten survival skills for the next 25 years. Let's take a look at each of these skills and find out how we can imbibe them in our children.
Read more at: https://www.buzzfeed.com/mrsandyhooda/top-10-skills-that-children-will-need-to-thrive-at-86s7re5dce
- Questions to ask when doing a reference check for a Daycare. Oct 03,2022 Richa Sharma, Vega Schools
- What is the Ideal Class Size in a Primary School? Sep 29,2022 Daniel Curry, Director & Principal, Vega Schools
- Kids who understand the code are at the highest level of literacy in the 21st century Sep 20,2022 Neetu Dhiman , Vega Schools
- Methods of teaching in Primary School Sep 19,2022 Dr. Sweta Kumari, Vega Schools
- Why Gender Equality is important from a young Age Sep 19,2022 Daniel Curry, Director & Principal, Vega Schools
- The best sports activities for a school campus Sep 19,2022 Malvika Saxena , Vega Schools
- Benefits of continuous flow writing for Children Sep 17,2022 By Daniel Curry, Director & Principal, Vega Schools
- Tips to make your child more organised Sep 08,2022 Dr. Steven Warren Edwards, Co-Founder, Vega Schools